What I do?
- Software development.
- Fullstack, but interested primarily in the backend part.
- Solid .NET background. Fluent in JS as well.
- Architecture design.
- Distributed systems, microservices, and cloud-first environments.
- Leading a small team of software developers.
- Taking responsibility for delivering business value on time.
- Breaking business goals into technical stories that the engineering team can deal with.
- Mentoring junior & mid developers, upskill sessions.
- Technical aspect of the recruitment process.
- Handling multi-phase coding skills verification.
What I don’t do?
- CSS and pure UI development.
- I have no artistic intuition or a good UI taste.
- Leading a large team or multiple teams.
- Or anything else that would require me to abandon coding and become a full-time email writer.
- Joining an ever-messy environment.
- Don’t get me wrong; if your dev team lives in a constant crunch, never writes tests, has no structured workflow and produces spaghetti code on a daily basis - I’d still join you (because I like challenges), but only if you want to make use of me to change this miserable state. Otherwise, I fail to see myself in that picture.
Am I willing to relocate?
- Long story short: unlikely, but I might consider it.
- I have quite a history of cities that I lived in; Kraków (PL), Wrocław (PL), Sydney (AU) and London (UK).
- Ultimately, adding one more to the above list is fine, but with age, I’m becoming pickier and pickier when it comes to the offer, project, and the problem to be solved.
- My top priority is a remote position, especially in the post-COVID state of the world.
- I have a strong culture of remote work and experience in asynchronous communication.
- I’m always available during regular office hours within the EU timezones.
- No problems with onsite onboarding - up to 1 month, worldwide - before becoming a primarily remote member of the team.
Do I have a resume?
- Yes, I do, but I have it linked at the very bottom because it’s essential to me that you know all the facts that I listed above.
- So here it is; Bartosz Lenar Resume, version 2020-07-30.
- The same information, plus the recommendations that I received from my customers, managers, and colleagues, are on my LinkedIn profile.